Milkymist JTAG-serial daughterboard
- project homepage (KiCad files): http://projects.qi-hardware.com/p/mmone-jtag-serial-cable
- schematics PDF: http://projects.qi-hardware.com/schhist/m1-jtag-serial/pdf_head/usb_jtag.pdf
- schematics history: http://projects.qi-hardware.com/schhist/m1-jtag-serial/
 notes (need to be cleaned up)
- never hot-plug the daughterboard, both Milkymist One and daughterboard need to be powered off when they are being connected
- after pluggin in USB, power LED at bottom left should always be on
- Depending on your Linux version, the daughterboard will appear as either one or two /dev/ttyUSB* devices. If two devices appear, the first one corresponds to the JTAG interface, and is not directly usable, the second one implements a serial interface to the MM1 SOC. On newer Linuxes that know the MM1-JTAG's USB-ID, only the second device (the serial console) appears.
- Connect to the console via gtkterm -p /dev/ttyUSB1 -s 115200 (use /dev/ttyUSB0 with newer Linuxes), then try
% % help % ls % ... (see commands with 'help')
- run ls, check that tx and rx leds are working
- Now you can also to access the JTAG interface via xc3sprog -c ftdi (need to run as root). Check that Desc: is XC6SLX45.
- For programming the MM1-JTAG interface itself, use:
libftdi FTDI - FT Prog (also works when daughterboard is not connected to Milkymist One). Need to change: PID, VID, Description;
- Manufacturer: FTDI (default), Sharism, Milkymist?
- Product description: Milkymist JTAG/serial
- SERIAL: to distinguish between multiple devices connected at the same time
- SerialNumber / Auto Generate Serial
- Hardware Specific, Port A, Hardware, from RS232 UART to 245 FIFO (maybe) (others: CPU FIFO, OPTO Isolate)
- When USB is connected, but not the M1 board, connecting with gtkterm and, pressing enter will make TX led blink
- left one = tx = send to m1 board
- right one = rx = receive from m1 board
- xc3sprog: error will be "No JTAG Chain found" (otherwise: "Could not find USB dongle")
- it took Yanjun Luo 1h/board for manual mounting