Community news 2010-08-11
- Ben NanoNote patches have been accepted for the next Linux Kernel, 2.6.36 due to the great efforts of Lars and others!
- The SAKC project is moving forward, and officially has been renamed to the SIE Project.
- The RC1 Milkymist One board bring-up is completed, with all the interfaces tested.
- On to a batch of 20-30 RC2 Milkymist One boards for the 27C3 (at the latest), hopefully including JTAG cables.
 Ben NanoNote
- One of the most complete reviews of the NanoNote by Hans Bezemer, who found out his 4tH compiler had been ported to the NanoNote recently. The article has nice constructive criticism and some found errata. Great!
- Werner has made a counterweight to balance the current NanoNotes, which will help future builds. He has made a video, that actually is a great little marketing demo, and kind of funny!
- The Community, along with project lead Carlos, renamed the project to SIE.
- The RC1 Milkymist One board bring-up is completed, with all the interfaces tested and to some extent supported in the SoC design.
- On to a batch of 20-30 RC2 Milkymist One boards for the 27C3 (at the latest), as prototyping/development boards for now.
- Yanjun Luo is working on a JTAG + UART combined cable made specifically for the Milkymist One. Hopefully, this cable will be sold with the RC2 batch!
- Michael Walle has been successful using urJTAG that he modified and a FTDI-based cable to reprogram the Milkymist One. This is one less proprietary tool in the chain.
- Rez from Corelabs is working on a case design.
- Yann Sionneau has completed the Ethernet and GPIO drivers for RTEMS.
- We have had quite a bit of media coverage lately, with the project being posted at MAKE blog and Create Digital Motion. Thanks!
- The last major step for the SoC design is to finish implementing USB (see the SoC roadmap). Then, software (Flickernoise/RTEMS) will become a major priority along with the RC2 board production.
- Software contributors are most welcome.
- New website design by Corelabs (work in progress): see preview at http://www.corelabs.cn/mmone/