Community news 2010-09-08
(Redirected from Community News 2010-09-08)
- The RC1 Milkymist One board bring-up is completed, with all the interfaces tested.
- On to a batch of 20-30 RC2 Milkymist One boards for the 27C3 (at the latest), including JTAG cables.
 Ben NanoNote
- October 2010 issue of Linux Journal has a story on Nanonote: http://www.linuxjournalstore.com/categories/issue-198
- Xburst kernel is officially supported main stream!!! (yes I know this new was also in the past news but it so awesome than it woth to sait it until kernel 2.6.36 is released :P)
- New official image testing release 2010-09-06
- Iris, the microkernel operating system lead by Bas, has great good advances and can be a great replacement of u-Boot as boot loader, see mailing list thread about
- A Nanowar Especial Edition of Ben Nanonote will be out on September 15th, of course there will be instruction on how to update a standard NanoNote :)
- The idea of using the SDIO as way to bring Ethernet to Ben leads to a lot of fun with blinking LEDs,
- Alan Post made a nice Nanonote trip report of using the Ben Nanonote on a recent trip. He has interesting findings that will power more development and interest. Its a good read! http://c0redump.org/blog/2010/09/21-nanonote_trip_report/
The following ports have been added to the openwrt-packages repository:
- Love, the 2d graphical and game library of Lua scripting language is almost finished thanks to bartbes effort, he also upload some videos on simple games developed with the library.
- makfa, A Lojban Dictionary.
- We are facing some system instability when running complex software on the SoC (probably DRAM related). This is becoming a major issue and priority.
- Software (Flickernoise/RTEMS) contributors are most welcome.
- We are looking for contributors to design a case.
 Laoban Soundsystem
- Make magazine wrote a blurb on the Laoban Soundsystem.