The goal is to provide a 3d scan of the current FM3 Buddhamachine so that it can hopefully be printed on a home 3d printer. Fabricatorz Barry Threw and Brad Phillips did some scans and basic dissection of the device.
 Scan 0
- The current case we used is partially transparent, so we had to pay the casing so that laser light did not diffract and create a broken model.
- Also, the current case is created from a metal mode more than likely by hand and not mechanically designed. This causes problems
- The case is not very good for 3D Scanning and printing.
- Its a better use of resources to redesign the case for simplest mechanical reproduction
- Also, a great path forward would be a scan and also a total product breakdown, including the chips.
- How can make the entire device copyleft hardware?
- What is the commodity or is it all just niche?
- How could this fit into copyleft hardware project?