#qi-hardware IRC log for Wednesday, 2010-12-22

qi-bot[commit] Adam Wang: ignore usb_jtagFront.pos and usb_jtagBack.pos http://qi-hw.com/p/mmone-jtag-serial-cable/3f40a5703:01
adamw_wpwrak, hi03:43
adamw_have you ever generated KiCad's *.pos file for SMT machine before?03:44
yizhangdoes anybody know where i can find 'user's manual' or something like it for GMU?04:19
wejpyizhang, yes, first there is the in-program help, then there is Gmu's README.txt file04:20
yizhangah, great!04:20
yizhanglet me check them out04:20
wejpyou should find the readme on the device under /usr/share/gmu/README.txt i think04:20
yizhangwejp: thanks!04:21
wejp:)04:21
yizhangwejp: i saw the in-program help (F1), i just can not figure out what key is in Ben, is equivalent to 'Mod' key04:22
wejpshould be "Alt"04:22
wejpbut the help (f1) also tells you that04:22
yizhanghmm ... strange, i thought i tried it, and it didn't work04:23
yizhanglet me try it again04:24
yizhangthanks for the tips04:24
wejpyou're welcome04:24
qi-bot[commit] Xiangfu Liu: config.all_packages: remove mp3, mp4, rootfs, u-boot http://qi-hw.com/p/openwrt-xburst/cc29d0508:45
zrafawpwrak: we could use your myroot to do a smaller bootstrap rootfs yet, and also, we could use your myroot to have a system to build rootfs customized (using opkg-target and full repo) :)09:02
wpwrakzrafa: yup, that's the idea :) i used it to make root file systems with lots of "full-sized" programs, no busybox or dropbear09:23
wpwrakzrafa: but you can of course do pretty much anything with it09:24
zrafawpwrak: and I think that I know how to make a proper ipk package using toolchain easily, so extra-packages repository could grow by users contributors; and because that extra-packages repository does not touch/break important repositories for the base system we could write those instructions for people who wants to contribute with packages they need on repo09:55
wolfspraulwpwrak: I have a question about eeschema erc and pcbnew drc. in our 'policy', should we say we are aiming for 0 warnings in those two?09:56
wolfspraulhow important do you think are those 2 checks/reports?09:56
zrafawpwrak: then we would have: the current sane repo, and an extra repo for contributions. In order to have a sane (or stable) thing for a while the sane repo would not change. And if people want more new packages on repo they would use the easy instructions to create packages to upload on extra-packages repo.09:57
wpwrakwolfspraul: hmm, 0 warnings isn't always possible. but yes, i'd recommend to try to reach this goal. also because it's easier to recognize it going from zero to non-zero than going from X to Y, with X and Y > 0.10:04
wolfspraulon the flight I was hacking a bit on more KiCad command line options10:04
wolfspraulwhich ones do you want?10:04
wolfspraulI think I will add --bom for eeschema (that already works)10:04
wpwrakwolfspraul: the DRC is quite important. there are things it doesn't catch without it. ERC is often just nagging, but it can occasionally be helpful, too.10:04
wolfspraulthen we have a whole lot in pcbnew10:05
wpwrakwolfspraul: --bom: excellent !!10:05
wolfspraulgerber, svg, drill file, vrml, drc10:05
wolfspraulwhich ones do you want and what are important options in the dialog you often switch away from the default, or from one setting to another?10:05
wolfspraulany hints? at the beginning I will just use the dialog defaults10:05
wpwrakwolfspraul: pcbnew ... i need postscript (A4, front, mirror, no drill mark; A4, back, no mirror no drill mark), gerber (board edges, default settings), drill file (default settings)10:07
wpwrakwolfspraul: for front/back, "real drill" should also be possible (for manual instead of CNC drilling). "small mark" is misleading, because it's often bigger (!) than the real mark.10:09
wpwrakwolfspraul: adam may have a bunch of additional formats/settings, e.g., gerbers for the pcb fab10:09
wpwrakwolfspraul: important options that get switched: the drill mark, plot format, "plot mirror", the layer selection, maybe also plot mode10:10
wolfspraulok this is a lot, overwhelmed... let me see...10:11
wpwrakzrafa: (user repo) hmm, maybe. or have people who help with these integration steps. so the normal developers doesn't worry about ipkg, but someone else picks up the package, advises the developer on changes to make it properly ipkg-able, and then makes the ipkg10:12
wolfspraulok I start with the drill file dialog10:13
wpwrakzrafa: making "nice" packages needs a lot of context, so you're better off with expert help :)10:13
wpwrakwolfspraul: (a lot) hehe ;-)10:13
wolfspraulin there you are always happy with the defaults right now?10:13
wpwrakwolfspraul: (drill file defaults) yup10:13
wolfsprauldrill units: inches (default)10:13
wolfspraulzeros format: decimal format (default)10:13
wolfspraulprecision: 2:410:14
wpwrakwolfspraul: at least i hope that my defaults really are the standard defaults. it's never easy to tell where they come from ...10:14
wolfsprauldrill origin: absolute10:14
wolfsprauldrill sheet: none10:14
wolfspraul(or do you want Drill map (PostScript) here?)10:14
wolfsprauldrip report: none10:14
wpwrakperfect so far10:14
wolfspraulhpgl plotter options: 20cm/s 1pen10:14
wpwrakdon't even know what the "drill sheet" is10:14
wolfsprauloptions: mirror y axis _OFF_10:14
wolfsprauloptions: minimal header _OFF_10:14
wpwrakyeah. that's what i have.10:15
wolfspraulthat's all10:15
wolfspraulok, only the defaults then for now, we can always add more options later10:15
wpwrakwhich kicad version are you using the latest or our "current' ?10:15
wolfspraulI think our standardized werner/qi version10:15
wolfspraulI mean I'm packaging it :-) would be kinda weird if my own system didn't have it...10:16
wolfspraulnow I look at pcbnew -> file -> Plot10:16
wolfspraulhmm, lots of checkboxes for copper layers and technical layers10:16
wolfspraulI guess they should be settable from the command line (on/off)10:16
wolfspraulScale Opt: Scale 1 - should be ok?10:17
wolfspraulPlot Mode: Filled10:17
wolfspraulPlot Format: HPGL (default) - do you want Postscript A4 here? there is also just 'Postscript'10:17
wolfspraulsome options:10:17
wolfspraulPrint sheet references: off10:17
wolfspraulprint pads on silkscreen: off10:17
wolfspraulprint module value: on10:17
wolfspraulprin module reference: on10:17
wolfspraulprint other module texts: on10:17
wolfspraulforce print visible texts: off10:17
wolfspraulthen some hpgl options, pen size 0.015'' speed 20cm/s ovr 0.002''10:18
wolfspraulwhich ones do you want to control from the command line?10:18
wpwrakplot format: need gerber and postscript a4. not really sure what "postscript" would do. in any case, my paper is a4 :)10:18
zrafawpwrak: nice packages: I mean, packages which install properly and run. If the software itself needs some changes to be nice for nn (for example if it is a GUI software for 640x480 it will not work) that is another problem. I just see a nice posibility to make proper ipks packages for the current repo (extra repo) easily (from sources with configure, make, make install)10:18
wpwraknone of the options you listed matter to me10:19
wolfspraulthe others are ok?10:19
wolfspraulok10:19
wolfspraulhow about the checkboxes for copper layers and technical layers?10:19
wolfspraulthey need to be controllable, right?10:19
wolfspraulthey probably also depend on how many layers the board has, I'll figure that out10:19
wpwrakplot mode filled is good. layer selection is at least highly desirable, yes. (if you don't have it, it will just dump all selected layers, one per file, and you can then pick the ones you like. but it's more environmentally friendly to stop the waste production at its root)10:20
wpwrak(how many layers) presumably10:20
wpwrakzrafa: (nice pkg) i mean just making the ipkg. porting the software itself is another issue.10:21
wolfspraulok so that one is clear10:24
wolfspraulthen maybe I add the drc report10:24
wolfsprauland svgs for the layers, could be nice in giving people quick view access without installing kicad10:25
wolfspraulI guess for the rest, nobody really needs it right now10:25
wpwrakwolfspraul: svg should be nice, yes. adam will have bunch of files, too10:25
wolfspraullike Specctra DSN, Module Report, GenCad, VRML10:25
wpwrakwolfspraul: e.g., the smt positions10:25
wolfspraulModules position, component file, bom file10:26
wolfspraulwell I can add modules position10:26
wpwrakspecctra is for the external (gratis but non-open) router10:26
wolfspraulbom file we use eeschema10:26
wolfspraulalright I think I have enough to start with10:27
wpwrakhehe :) how's the snow ? i read about europe falling into chaos and ruins10:30
zrafawpwrak: making the ipkg is something which often is done by development systems like OE, or openwrt. We know that, but after working a while I am seeing some easy way which would work always (using uploaded toolchain) :) (always=if porting works then package would be built against current repo)10:33
wpwrakzrafa: i basically see three roles: author, porter-to-ben, and package maker. all this may be done by the same person, but it could also be that several people are involved. i would consider 2-3 people the normal case.10:33
zrafaworking a while=since I started to use those different kind of tools (from development systems)10:33
wolfspraulnot much, all fine here10:34
wpwrakzrafa: (easy way) yeah, but then there's debian, openwrt, and a bunch of others. that's not very friendly, no matter how nice you make it look :)10:34
zrafawpwrak: okey, I am talking about the last person (package maker)10:34
wpwrakzrafa: i would imagine that the the package maker is distro-specific and handles several/many packages10:35
wpwrakzrafa: knows the rules of that distro, knows how to handle corner cases, knows the people to ask for approval, and so on.10:36
wpwrakzrafa: so someone porting/writing something to the ben would just make sure it builds with make/self-punishment/cmake/whatever, and the packager(s) would then take it from there10:37
wpwrakzrafa: of course, if someone happens to know a distro's packaing process very well, like you do, then that person may directly do the package, too10:38
zrafawpwrak: you go further :)10:38
zrafawpwrak: let me put it simpler10:38
zrafawpwrak: I am talking about extra packages, no more.. A place where we could upload packages which do not disturb the rest of the repo10:39
zrafawpwrak: if the package uploaded does not work then that would not matter for the rest of the system or repo10:39
zrafawpwrak: and the page maker I am thinking is just an script, which take the binaries built from sources and decide which packages are needed to install this new package. The rest of the info is not important.10:40
wpwrakzrafa: okay, that would then be 67% of the packager's work :)10:40
wpwrak(just a script) hmm, i think that's how they all start ;-))10:41
zrafahaha :D10:41
zrafabut I already tried the basic case10:41
wpwrakthe basic case is where "just a script" usually works well10:43
wpwrakthen you get the cases that depend on something unusual .... :)10:43
wpwrakand so on10:43
wpwrakyour script would make packages for jlime and openwrt ?10:45
zrafanah.. for jlime only. You need a proper toolchain working .. Mmmh, well, you could have the thing built, but I was thinking to use "./configure destination" on this process10:46
zrafaand the packages jlime uses are debian packages. openwrte uses another kind of packages I think (still if both ends .ipk)10:47
wpwrakah, never heard of "configure destination"10:47
zrafadestination= I was thinking on --prefix10:48
wpwrakah, i see10:50
zrafawpwrak: and keep it simpler, it would be a simple way for people who wants to make a ipkg for extra packages using just the toolchain on their PCs. Forget the beast of OE/debian/openwrt who needs to keep all sync with millons of packages around and things changing10:51
zrafasimpler=simple10:52
wpwrakwell, you can try and see. it will certainly be useful to some people.10:55
wpwrak(keeping in sync) i'm not sure you can avoid this, though. people will still install whatever they get from upstream. so the changed do affect you, if only indirectly.10:56
wpwraks/changed/changes/10:56
wpwrakalso remember, the only things that don't change are dead ;-)10:57
steve|mwpwrak: https://github.com/steve-m/m8cutils/tree/cy7_prog ;)10:57
wpwrak(then they just rot :)10:57
zrafawpwrak: well, I am thinking on jlime repo on qi. That repo will not change still if OE upstream changes. So people will not install things from upstream10:58
wpwraksteve|m: yeah ! ;-))10:58
wpwrakzrafa: your "repo will not change" theory is in fact what worries me a bit :) when new things get added upstream, or get updated/fixed, etc., the repo _should_ change10:59
wpwrakzrafa: i don't think it's realistic to assume that a "frozen" repo will be good for a long time11:00
zrafawpwrak: it is unmaintained repo. The current jlime is alive, and a few jlime devs are working. But that lives on jlime.com, no here11:00
zrafawpwrak: so no chance to keep that.11:00
zrafawpwrak: and I still think that a frozen repo is good11:01
wpwrak(unmaintained) yes, that's the bit that needs fixing :)11:01
zrafawpwrak: sorry, different point of views.. Jlime has a repository for jornada which is 3 years old perhaps. And it is useful, no dead from my point of view. Just tell me the greatest nicest application openwrt/OE/whatever added this year for freerunner, or another mobile device. Which you think that you would like to have on current repos. For me, a lot of basic software does not change. psmisc, bash, init, top, bc, etc etc.. all the minimal tools you woul11:04
wpwrak(frozen) a frozen repo means that, when new stuff comes along, people will first wait. then, when nothing happens, they will devise work-arounds. then you get an increasing number of hacks that live on top of the repo. eventually, it will become too inconvenient to use and people switch away. by that time, everyone will hate it.11:04
zrafaOr those dont change on same way for you telling, if I do not get the latest top version then I will kill myself11:04
wpwrakzrafa: hmm, how many jornada users are out there ? ;-)11:04
zrafawpwrak: but repo changing is not attracting users. I would love to have Debian, I already said that, and that explains that I think: I would like to have a huge and maintained repo11:05
zrafabut that does not exist on tiny projects11:06
wpwrakzrafa: the basic stuff doesn't change. but the ben is still a young platform. people are experimenting with new things.11:06
wpwrakzrafa: (debian) yup, perhaps some project for next year :)11:06
zrafaopenmoko people was telling that they had several guys working to have a thing maitained.. and finally that was a mess11:06
zrafaso you need all the users and Debian developers , no my tiny script to make a package :)11:07
zrafaall the users and Debian developers you see for PC = you will need the same amount of nn users and Debian developers for nn11:07
zrafaif you want a really serious repo maintained and useful like we want.11:08
zrafawpwrak: I do not see any develop for nn.. just gmu and another few things were written. From qi I see a big effort to have a basic linux system (init, shell) more  a GUI (which was already written for another device). No new things around. Nightsky is new and nice, but no much more11:09
zrafaall the efforts are trying to port current stuff, trying to find console applications or X applications which fit. That is nice, but no new11:10
zrafathe nice new things are on the hardware side11:10
wpwrakzrafa: (number of developers to maintain a distro) well, you're building on OE and "full" jlime. i would hope that this reduces the amount of work ;-)11:12
wpwrakzrafa: (effort on porting) yes, i see this as a weakness caused by the focus on openwrt. openwrt is so far behind when it comes to a "desktop" distribution, that people who could work on new things are still completely tied up with catching up11:13
wpwrakzrafa: of course, it's hard to tell what they would do if the basis was something more suitable, like jlime.11:14
zrafawe have some Debian developers here in Arg, we should talk with them face to face :)11:15
wpwrakand now it seems that folks working on qi-hw openwrt are pissed off at openwrt for some "downsizing" changes. of course, that's a predictable conflict: openwrt tries to be extremely small and not really interactive. the ben needs something compact but not excessively so, and a lot of interactivity. there's only so far you can go before conflicting design goals cause trouble.11:17
wpwrakzrafa: making debian embedded-friendly would be a great achievement11:17
zrafaDebian developer in arg. Moreover one of them was nominated as Debian leader http://www.debian.org/vote/2010/vote_001 (margarita), but she did not win it seems11:19
wolfspraulwpwrak: I'm not aware of any 'downsizing' unhappiness, but listening... first time I hear this11:22
wpwrakwolfspraul: a few days (or was it yesterday), there were complaints about openwrt breaking some - i think i18n - things into main and stub package, breaking lots of dependencies, because small systems often don't care about this anyway, but many things on tbe ben do11:25
wpwrakzrafa: kewl. a voting process where only mathematicians can understand the result. we should use this for politics ;-)11:26
wolfspraulsounds like normal discussions (and good I think)11:26
wpwrakwolfspraul: yeah, nothing evil per se. but i found the direction interesting, and how it was interpreted here.11:28
wpwrakwolfspraul: Dec 20 11:20:15 <kyak> these are all problems that we face because upstream is thinking about openwrt as a distro for routers11:29
wpwrakwolfspraul: Dec 20 11:34:33 <kyak> xiangfu: we will have to struggle with such things all the time11:30
wpwrakwolfspraul: Dec 20 11:37:02 <kyak> like @I_HAS_CRAPPY_ROUTER11:30
wpwrakjust some soundbites  :)11:30
wpwrakwolfspraul: of course, kyak may just be unhappy about them messing with i18n, considering that11:31
wpwrakwolfspraul: Dec 20 11:46:32 <kyak> really, every time i see a software that is not i18n-aware, i get angry. this is less and less often now when utf-8 is taking its positions, but still there are a lot of developers there thinking "ASCII"11:31
zrafawpwrak: voting process: yeah.. but then either we would not have politics anymore or they would like to kill owners of that voting process idea :P11:31
wpwrakzrafa: i think such a voting process would greatly change the concept of populism ;-)11:32
wolfspraultotally agree with kyak. still need to see what it means specifically for openwrt on the nn. kyak has been extremely helpful on this end, so let's see...11:43
wolfspraulnot sure how many open issues there are right now, in that area11:44
kyakwow, somebody was actually reading that ;)11:55
zrafakyak: now they are asking where you live11:57
zrafa:)11:57
Action: kyak hides11:59
wolfspraulhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/paulav/5003521870/sizes/l/in/set-72157624988237840/12:09
wolfspraulSebastien at work :-) (thanks to kristianpaul)12:09
kristianpaulthanks to paula velez, wich atually took the pic and shared the link12:10
wpwrakhmm, screens stacked in front of each other - does he have x-ray vision ? :-)12:35
Jay7I see thinkpads!12:37
Jay7morning ppl12:37
kristianpaulmorning Jay7 :_)13:30
B_Lizzardlarsc, was usb network support ever made stable?13:40
B_LizzardFor 2.6.36 =<13:40
B_LizzardWhat I mean to say is "Does a newer patch adding usb-network support exist and do you recommend it?"13:41
larscthere is one in the 2.6.37 branch, but it only has stylistic cleanups13:42
B_LizzardAllrighty then13:44
B_LizzardAnything significant in 2.6.3713:50
B_Lizzard?13:50
larscnope13:50
larscjust fixes13:51
larsc2.6.38 will have the gpio-charger driver13:51
B_LizzardNice :)13:52
wpwraklarsc: what's gpio-charger ?13:58
kyakhttp://www.spectec.com.tw/sdiovideooutcard.html13:59
kyaka way to connect Ben to TV?14:00
wpwrakif the protocol is documented / reverse-engineerable ...14:01
kristianpaulbut14:02
kyakspectec released their gpl drivers for microSD wifi card, so i guess they would release it here, too14:02
kristianpaulis not that for the missing i2c chip int he nanonote? (charger)14:02
kristianpauls/int he/in the14:03
kristianpaulwow jtag m1 is a  100Mb TIF file14:04
kristianpaulthis article will like to zrafa http://lwn.net/Articles/416901/14:12
wpwrakkyak: (gpl driver) sounds promising, yes.14:18
wolfspraulkyak: 'released their gpl drivers' must be the overstatement of the century14:28
wolfspraulfirst they don't understand gpl, or free software14:30
wolfspraulmaybe I should try again, see whether something has changed in the year or so since I last spoke with them...14:31
wpwrakso is the driver gpl or not ?14:39
wolfspraulwhich one?14:40
wolfspraulthe wifi driver took me months, and in the end it came from Renesas, not Spectec14:41
wolfspraulI had to go to Tokyo, etc. etc.14:41
wolfspraulSpectec is, at best, very ignorant of the GPL.14:42
wolfspraulif they do understand it (even a little), they will be very worried.14:42
wolfspraulwe had this situation with their Zigbee card, where we pulled back because they would stubbornly insist that all the work they had put into their driver was very valuable and had to be closed.14:42
wolfspraulof course, we kept telling them we will throw away their driver anyway, and write a new one, and only need to look at their sources for register documentation. but there was no way.14:43
wolfspraulthe fact that we kept insisting on 'looking' at their sources must have made them believe even more how great and valuable their stuff is14:43
wolfspraulI'd rather not deal with Spectec, it's tiring with little results.14:43
wolfspraullike speaking to the wall14:43
wpwrakhmm, i see. alas, the seems to be pretty common among companies that make this sort of "exotic" peripherals14:49
wpwrakso i wouldn't have high hopes for vga either then. that's always been a nasty battleground for as long as i remember.14:49
wolfspraulSpected is only doing the microSD packaging14:55
wolfspraulthe driver is not written by them, but by the IC maker14:55
wolfspraulat the most what Spectec does is to set the base address, compile, make a binary14:56
wolfspraul:-)14:56
wolfspraulthat's their tremendous 'investment' that costs them so much money that they have to 'protect' it14:56
wpwrakyou can't be too careful ;-)14:57
wolfspraulit's a small Taipei company, they are specializing in taking whatever IC they can find, and package it in *SD packages14:57
wolfspraulsometimes the things on their website are not really available, just 'announced'14:58
wolfspraulthey also have the nasty habit of changing IC vendors without changing their model number (saves them money because they don't have to print new boxes etc)14:58
wolfspraulthen you can only tell from the lot numbers (if you know), which IC you will get14:59
wolfspraulbut other than that, they are a small and nimble company, and once in a while they hit a product that actually sells well14:59
wpwraklovely. exactly what we're looking for :)14:59
wolfspraulI feel we are much further down the road.15:02
wolfspraulif anything I would put a micro-fpga on such a card, and try to develop the IC logic myself15:02
wolfspraulof course the entire hw design in our work-in-progress kicad process, etc.15:03
wpwrakheh, micro-fpga ;-)15:03
wpwraknow there's an idea :)15:03
zrafawolfspraul: I really like how you are explaining what is Spected and the details you know :)15:04
wpwrakwe ought to ask xylinx for sponsorship. qi-hw, the project that puts fpgas a the most unlikely places ;-)15:04
wolfspraulzrafa: well, I know the folks :-) been there several times, etc. they are cool. but we need to be realistic. so I explain it in the clearest possible language.15:05
kristianpaulmicro-fpga :)15:06
wolfspraulthey wouldn't even mind, I know that this chat is logged and wouldn't be worried about it on my next meeting there, if ever15:06
kristianpaulI never saw a FPGA in small package from Xilinx..15:07
zrafawolfspraul: yeah, I guessed you knew the folks for the clear explanation .. that is great you know about that and other companies around15:07
zrafafor=from15:07
wolfspraulfrom their perspective we are retards too, introducing a random/arbitrary concept such as 'freedom', instead of just going for the highest sales volume15:07
wolfspraulthey need volume, and fast15:07
wolfspraullike every hardware company15:07
wolfsprauleverything else is secondary15:07
wolfspraulif I cannot give them volume (and fast), my bla bla will be even less impressive15:08
wolfspraulfor Spectec, volume starts at 1k15:08
wolfspraulat least that's a 'real' custome15:08
wolfspraulcustomer15:08
kristianpaulYou can give them some kind of knowledge may be?.. ;-)15:08
wolfspraulfor 10k, they could probably even do a card just for you, and at that point the openess issue would also go away - you would own it all :-)15:08
wolfspraulknowledge?15:09
wolfspraulhow about money?15:09
kristianpaul:-)15:09
wolfspraulso spectec is a good company to have. if we ever have a specific 8:10 card in mind, and we can make 10k, they would be the ones to work with on the manufacturing side.15:09
wolfspraulthey have done it > 100 times, so they have seen it all and will for sure get it done15:10
wpwrakwolfspraul: speaking of which, you should post about the 8:10 card idea15:15
wpwrakgrmbl15:15
Jay7kristianpaul: can you write some kind of RFC/proposal about fb menu launcher to ML?15:31
kristianpaulwich ML?15:32
Jay7$channel's :)15:32
kristianpaulInteresting posible product wich conbines openwrt and tor http://www.technologyreview.com/web/26981/page1/19:59
qi-bot[commit] Andres Calderon: Xue's PSU DC-DC ICs components has been selected http://qi-hw.com/p/xue/87d4d7e20:45
qi-bot[commit] Andres Calderon: Xue's PSU DC-DC ICs components has been selected http://qi-hw.com/p/xue/39cdcec20:48
andres-calderonHi wpwrak21:15
wpwrakandres-calderon: heya ! kinda busy right now, cleaning my apartment. so i'll be afk for bit every once in a while21:26
wpwraks/for bit/for a bit/21:26
andres-calderonwpwrak: ok21:28
kristianpaulxiangfu: in git can i locally commit several files and later push?22:38
kristianpaulHi btw :)22:38
xiangfukristianpaul: of cause. that is how git works. :)22:38
kristianpaulah :-)22:39
kristianpaulargg here we go again (fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly)22:41
kristianpauli copied the .git file from debian to fedora, git seems isntalled, what i'm missing..22:41
xiangfukristianpaul: ".git" is enough. what command you use?22:47
kristianpaulgit push after a git rm foo22:48
xiangfukristianpaul: if you use git push. you may need the ~/.ssh/id_rsa22:50
kristianpauli already have that22:50
kristianpaulie: i can login to fidelio22:50
kristianpaulhmm maybe something with bash?22:51
kristianpaulgit clone was okay, i tried in other dir22:52
xiangfukristianpaul: which URL you using?  git@... or git://...22:53
kristianpaulhmm22:53
kristianpaulgit clone git://projects.qi-hardware.com/ben-gps-sdr.git22:53
kristianpaulIndefero told me that !22:53
kristianpaulahh thats it22:54
qi-bot[commit] Cristian Paul Peñaranda Rojas: Cleaning up no needed code, and adding new place for tmp stuff http://qi-hw.com/p/ben-gps-sdr/1ab9cf322:57
wpwrakindefero sometimes likes to mislead you ;-)22:59
xiangfu:) it should git@23:02
xiangfugit:// is read only. git@ is write and read :)23:03
kristianpauland should http when i'm behind a firewall  :/23:03
kristianpaulbut thats ask too much23:03
qi-bot[commit] Cristian Paul Peñaranda Rojas: Acquisition now works, 8 bits data 1 HIGH LSB bit for sync http://qi-hw.com/p/ben-gps-sdr/bb1b7be23:16
qi-bot[commit] Cristian Paul Peñaranda Rojas: Acquisition module spi to parallel synced out http://qi-hw.com/p/ben-gps-sdr/795a67a23:16
qi-bot[commit] Cristian Paul Peñaranda Rojas: Read only ram interface for SIE Xbust <-> FPGA Bus http://qi-hw.com/p/ben-gps-sdr/53f04de23:16
kristianpaulah this looks better :)23:30
kristianpaulhttp://kristianpaul.org/~paul/tmp/acquisition.png23:31
kristianpauli wonder if i can take advtange of vim and screen togther..23:35
qi-bot[commit] Cristian Paul Peñaranda Rojas: SiGE to SIE Data acquisition module, Work in progress http://qi-hw.com/p/ben-gps-sdr/d7a5e3623:47
qi-bot[commit] Cristian Paul Peñaranda Rojas: Small fix (duplicate wires and regs) detected on synthesis http://qi-hw.com/p/ben-gps-sdr/dacd08623:54
--- Thu Dec 23 201000:00

Generated by irclog2html.py 2.9.2 by Marius Gedminas - find it at mg.pov.lt!